Saturday, June 11, 2011

Loving Frank, by Nancy Horan

I came across this book through the recommendation of a friend during intermission at the Austin Playhouse theatre quite a long time ago.   I bought the book immediately and have tried ever so diligently to read it since.   But I find that after only a few pages my attention wanders, which explains why even though months have past, I've scarcely made it through half this novel.

The premise is a historical fiction about Mamah Cheney and her love affair with architect Frank Lloyd Wright.    This novel got great reviews and by every indication should have held my interest.   Perhaps I've read too many spy / murder / thriller / action novels lately and this has dulled my appreciation for literature. But in recognition of the facts, however unpleasant, I will confess: this book is tagged "unread" as I'm simply giving up on it.



No comments: