Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chasing the Dragon, by Justina Robson

Here's how it happened: I made a brief library stop en route to the airport, grabbed a title off of the new books display, and continued to my flight.

Then I found myself on the plane, with but this one book to read, and the realization that something had gone horribly wrong.

With no good alternative, I forced myself to read the entire book.

Something about a future with supernatural forces co-existing (sort of) on earth, the hero, Lila is part cyborg, part human, married to a demon and someone else who's trapped in another world mostly as a stuffed hand puppet.... I can't write more, it brings up memories of the book...

Bottom line: I understood perhaps 50% of what was going on at any time, dropping to less than 30% understanding in spots, never approaching 100%. This book clearly addresses a niche market of which I am not a part.

No comments: