Monday, September 8, 2014

The Lincoln Myth, by Steve Berry

This novel features Mr. Berry's recurring character, Cotton Malone. The concept is that President Lincoln made a deal with the Church of Latter Day Saints to hide information; a current US Senator and senior member of the Church seeks to reveal this information in order to push through the ability for several states to secede from the Union; the current President doesn't want this to happen; Malone has to save the day.

On the other hand, based on the story line, the readers may well be in favor of this fictional secession. I didn't enjoy the book much. So much I didn't that I'm not really motivated to say more about the novel in this post.

 I will no doubt read Mr. Berry's next novel, but I'm comfortable in recommending that others not bother wasting their time with this one.


The Lincoln Myth: A Novel (Cotton Malone Book 9)

No comments: