Monday, January 24, 2011

Black Faces in White Places, by Randal Pinkett, et al

I'm probably not qualified to comment on the quality of this book, being so far from its target demographic:  I am not Black.    I read it to try to gain a sense of the issues faced by my colleagues and employees who are Black.

The primary author, Randal Pinkett, won the prize on Donald Trump's "The Apprentice" TV show.   It seems to me from reading his resume that he has much to be proud of beyond having gained the approval of a wealthy narcissist on a TV show.   But presumably this is what sells.

The claim is "10 revolutionary strategies for playing, mastering, and changing the game for the current generation, while under taking a whole sale redefinition of the rules for those who will follow."    I'm not so sure anyone could call these strategies revolutionary, but they certainly seem reasonable.

No comments: