Monday, May 20, 2013

Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World, by Vicki Myron

Anyone who knows me is shaking their head in disbelief at the notion of my having read a book about a cat.  For I am not a cat lover; rather, I am a cat -disliker.   (Don't judge me: it is the trauma of a severe allergic reaction to cats that leads to my attitude.)

But I was given this book a couple of years ago and felt compelled to read it.  So here's the deal:  it is a non-fiction account of how a stray kitten ended up in a public library in Iowa and made many people feel good about things by acting cute.   Ms. Myron adds interesting information about the region and some autobiographical content that fits well in the narrative.

Many people will enjoy this book, especially cat lovers.   I am a huge fan of the public library system, maybe that's why I didn't hate the book.


No comments: