Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Bubble Gum Thief, by Jeff Miller

Whew, I really needed this:  a brilliantly written mystery that doesn't resort to trite templates of action novels as an alternative to excellent character development and a magnetic plot.   After the last couple of novels I've read, I was lucky to have found Mr. Miller's book.

His hero is FBI Agent Dagny Gray:  competent and bright, and also dangerously anorexic.  The bad guy sets a sequence of crimes in place when he steals a pack of bubble gum and leaves a note:  "This is my first crime. My next will be bigger."   The unknown suspect rapidly accelerates to murder, but the plot thickens considerably before the end.

Strongly recommended!   If Amazon's looking for a new feature to add to their web site, how about notifying me when Mr. Miller publishes his next novel -- I'll be sure to buy it.


The Bubble Gum Thief (Dagny Gray)

No comments: