Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Inferno, by Dan Brown

I picked this book up at the library with a bit of hesitation, because I wasn't sure it would be worth the read.  Hence the library, as opposed to a purchase.  Mr. Brown's writing style can be tedious and repetitious, and his plot liberties are legion.

But I did read it, and it was alright.  Yes, it was repetitious, and yes it read like a travel guide to Florence and other locales.   Perhaps if I'd ever been to Florence I'd have enjoyed it a bit more.   Or if I were a big fan of Dante's.

As an action adventure it moved along as well as possible given the speed bumps mentioned above. And it had a few unexpected plot twists.  So I'd say this is a great book to read when you don't have a great book nearby and need to blow a few hours.

Inferno

No comments: