Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Flesh Worn Stone, by John Burks

If I had realized this book fell squarely in the horror genre, I'd not have read it.

The hero, Steven, has a wonderful life.  Until his kids are killed and he and his wife are kidnapped, taken to a remote island along with other similar captives.   Leaving this world requires winning the "game" five times, the game meaning committing murder or rape on another victim, or cutting off one's own limb.

He finds out that many of the participants actually paid to end up in this experience.  And learns how it was that he ended up there.

The writing was captivating which is why I read the book to the end.  But I can't recommend it because I'm such an anti-horror reader that I really didn't enjoy it at all.

Flesh Worn Stone (The Game - Book One)

No comments: