Sunday, April 10, 2011

Life, by Keith Richards


I'm not a big fan of autobiographies in general and this one was okay at best. But I realize why the reviews are so positive and why my reaction is so modulated: I simply don't qualify to truly enjoy this book. I lack all of the three attributes of a very enthusiastic reviewer:

1. I am not a true Stones fan; I don't recognize album names, don't really know the other band members, and I'm not all that interested either.

2. I am not a guitar player; I have no clue what it means to tune a guitar in open G, 3- string. Oh, I'd like to understand this better, but suspect it may take years of study to get there.

3. I am not an illicit drugs expert; I never even heard of tuinal before reading this book.

I'm sure that if you qualify on any of these topics, you'll enjoy Mr Richards' autobiography far more than I.

No comments: