Friday, June 24, 2011

21 Things to Know Before Starting an Ashtanga Yoga Practice, by Claudia Azula Altucher

I wouldn't recognize an Ashtanga yoga pose from any other yoga pose; the only reason I read this book is that James Altucher  recommended it.   And even that was a risky proposition:  (a) Mr Altucher is the author's spouse, and (b) as best I can tell from reading his blog, Mr Altucher is a depressive, perhaps psychotic, in any case quite disturbed person.  But hey, 99 cents is clearly the Kindle cut off point for risking a bad read.

So now that I've read Ms Altucher's book I still wouldn't know an Ashtanga pose from any random runner's stretch.   But it was a fun read!  Kind of hard to describe though:   something like a self-help -lite mixed with where to eat if you find yourself in Mysore India.    (Note:  if the occasional typo or grammatical error makes you crazy then avoid this book.)

No comments: